The Silent Warrior Foundation organized the 5th Annual Whiskey & War Stories™ on Friday, August 14th at the Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch in Arizona. The gala honored the men of Operation Ivory Coast "The Son Tay Raid". The auction held during the event was successful in raising over $200,000 to benefit the foundation, a 501(c)3 charity serving our military members and their children since 2010.
The featured guest speakers, together with USN Retired SOCS (SEAL) David Hall, shared personal stories of bravery and patriotism during the panel discussion. Due to travel restrictions, some of the Son Tay Raiders were able to join in via video conferencing. The audience was fully immersed in the storytelling with the help of specially produced raider POV CGI rendition of the operation courtesy of Lyle Steely.
Featured Guest Speakers:
- Vladimir "Jake" Jakovenko, Sergeant Major, USA Ret. Son Tay Raider (Green Leaf)
- Tyrone Adderly, Sergeant Major, USA Ret. Son Tay Raider (Red Wine)
- Terry Buckler, Sergeant, USA Son Tay Raider (Red Wine)
- John Gargus, Colonel, USAF, Ret. Son Tay Raider (Cherry 2)
- Thomas Waldron, Lieutenant Colonel, USAF, Ret. Son Tay Raider (Apple 3)
- Mike Golas, Major, USAF, Ret. Son Tay Raider (MIG AIRCAP, F4)
BCM is the title sponsor of the event. Patriot sponsors include Dillon Aero, Langdon Tactical Technology, TYR Tactical, MD Helicopters, Coatings Technologies, RMJ Electrical, Axis Companies, Star Roofing Inc, Steward Family, Lex, HB Fuller, Sanderson Lincoln, SAP, LR Roofing Solutions LLC, Fiberlite Intelligent Roofing Solutions and POF USA.
To all the auction bidders and winners, thank you. To everyone who attended the gala, thank you for making this a very memorable event.